neděle 9. března 2014

“Use of time before 15 page essay due in 12 hours"


I went through hundreds of graphs this afternoon, but finally I realized that the first graph that I saw is the most interesting one and I can say that it's the most truthful one as well. I found the graph called “Use of time before 15 page essay due in 12 hours” and I think that it’s the same for at least 90% students these days.


As you can see above the graph shows seven activities that we actually do during writing our assignments. Firstly, I would like to describe the smallest parts of the chart. Surprisingly, writing of the essay takes us only 2% of the time, then we usually make the margins really small in order to make particular pages small enough and this takes about 5% of our time. After our pages are as small as possible we start to make a cover page because this activity is the least boring one. It takes us about 2% of time.  After the cover page is done we spend about 8% of the time inserting huge quote boxes and then we skim our research notes for about 3% of the time. These at least a little valuable activities take us 20% of our time which is 2 hours and 15 minutes. So, what are we doing during the other almost 10 hours? Most of this time we spend on Facebook and then we are crying because we’re going to fail our class.
Well, do you recognize yourself in this graph or not?

2 komentáře:

  1. I DO! :D i saw this graph before and i'm happy to validate that the data in the graph is fairly accurate. i'd maybe make the "crying" section a bit bigger and definitely decrease on the size of the "research notes" section. I think the FUNNIEST thing is that even with all of that on our minds, even with all the things we can do instead of working on our assignments we always manage to finish the project in the end. Especially when all the time spend on fcb represents gathering information about your essay from other ppl ;)

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. I definitely agree with you! I'd need the crying part a lot bigger ...and your reason for using a facebook instead of writing will be a useful excuse when writing a next essay! :D

      Vymazat