I’ve chosen the film called Lost in Translation because it had a
pretty good evaluation and was recommended by our teacher as well. I have to
admit that it wasn’t exactly a cup of my tea, but there were some scenes worth watching.
One scene I can remember perfectly depicts
one of the cultural differences that I noticed. In this scene a Japanese
director is giving instructions to Bob. He explains how to look and speak to
the camera and whereas the director is talking for at least a minute, the interpreter
translates it in one sentence. I think that this scene gives us the first
cultural difference – the language, which differs from nation to nation and
sometimes it’s even impossible to translate the information.
Secondly, the movie is full of stereotypes
about Japan and other Asian countries. I’ve seen a karaoke party, oriental
parks, endless night life and entertaining and a technological development. I
think that Japanese are even prouder of the technological development than
other nations.
And finally, I could see a difference in behaviour
as well. I can say that Japanese are “welcoming nation” – they’re shaking hands,
they’re giving a bow all the time and they introduce themselves properly. I
think that it’s important to know how to behave in different country, because
what’s normal in your culture can be offending in another one. So be careful!

Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat